NIFA is a premier Federal partner in finding innovative and transformative solutions to critical food and agriculture problems across the nation. We are looking for science professionals to serve as National Program Leaders (NPL) and administer our research, education, and extension programs that address national agriculture priorities.Learn more about this agency
- Leads research, education, and extension programs in food and agricultural sciences including:
- Plant production and protection, including agronomy, horticulture, entomology, plant pathology, IPM, weed science, and forestry.
- Animal production and health, including aquaculture, livestock agriculture, and poultry science.
- Food Science and Human nutrition, including food safety, food technology, and nutritional education.
- Natural Resources and Environment.
- Agricultural Engineering, including data science and biological engineering.
- Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences, including rural communities and development.
- Agribusiness, including business administration, business development and economics.
- Agricultural Education and Workforce Development, including role of Minority-serving institutions.
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Positive Youth Development and 4-H.
- Biotechnology and its environmental and social implications.
- Initiate, network and collaborate with partners and stakeholders to identify mission-relevant problems, opportunities and issues requiring Federal attention.
- Conceive, formulate, and execute programs and activities to respond to existing or emerging problems, opportunities, priorities and issues for development.
- Apply science-based knowledge to evaluate policy and develop and implement programs in collaboration with universities and other partners.
- Evaluate and assess the quality, outcomes and impacts of these programs.
- Promotes the research, education and extension portfolio to advance the strategic goals and management objectives of NIFA and the administration.
- Actively engages in multi-Institute trans-disciplinary teams to address mission critical priorities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566525900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.