The Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Policy Branch at NASA Headquarters is seeking a skilled individual to provide space policy analysis, program planning, strategic planning and messaging, and independent review implementation in support of congressional, Executive Branch, and science advisory committee activities.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a space policy expert to develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders in the government, private industry, and universities to further the agency's research or technology development efforts.
- Provide space policy advice and guidance on broad projects and science programs.
- Provide extensive analysis and interpretation of space policy documents such as executive, legislative or judicial papers or draft legislation, and advising management on revisions to existing agency policies and programs to meet requirements.
- Conduct a wide variety of comprehensive space policy studies and detailed analysis of complex functions, processes and space policy issues related to science program planning in order to advise on organizational or process changes.
- Produces complex space policy analyses and written reports; including draft policies, briefing papers, congressional testimony, correspondence, congressional reports, staff briefings.
- Response to Legislative and Executive Branch review actions used by key Agency Officials in planning domestic and international Earth and space science research.
- Develop or foster cross-agency activities or organization of special committees.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566412300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.