SummaryThis position is located within the Deputy Inspector General for Evaluations, Space, Intelligence, Engineering and Oversight Directorate. In this position, you will serve as an Evaluator under a Project Manager and will be responsible to perform broad and complex assignments for the Intelligence Division.
As a PROGRAM ANALYST, your typical work assignments may include the following: Learn more about this agency
- Conducts comprehensive quantitative or qualitative evaluations of the effectiveness and efficiency of highly complex DoD intelligence evaluations.
- As a technical expert for all matters relating to Defense Intelligence Enterprise, participates in interagency evaluations of over-arching issues impacting the DoD Intelligence Enterprise.
- Performs comprehensive analysis and evaluations with respect to effectiveness, economy and efficiency, program results, regulatory compliance, and future capabilities of Defense Intelligence Enterprise.
- Participates in strategic planning, and performs internal and external coordination with senior civilian and military officials.
- Conducts evaluations that can be focused, short-term evaluations of intelligence programs and operations having immediate relevance to combatant commanders and the Defense Intelligence Enterprise.
- Or are in-depth analyses of complex, overarching issues of significance that address medium to long- range requirements of the DoD and the Defense Intelligence Enterprise.
- Performs evaluations that are either congressionally mandated or requested; are in response to requests from the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), and other DoD organizations; or initiated by the DIG-EVAL.
- In addition, performs follow-up evaluations are required.Advises DIG-EVAL and DoD OIG leadership on current issues, initiatives, and congressional budget language affecting Defense Intelligence Enterprise.
- Participates with ODIG- EVAL leadership in identifying and formulating strategic planning objectives for evaluations whose outcome will be timely and relevant to DoD, and Congress.
- Identifies prospective evaluations related to intelligence programs and operations at the interdepartmental, departmental, theater, and command levels. Serves as liaison with officials of Audit, Investigations, Inspections, and other components.
- Ensures that the DIG- EVAL is consulted on all intelligence related matters in order to establish the appropriateness of undertaking activities which the DIG-EVAL has primary jurisdiction.
- Maintains contact with senior civilian and military officials of the OSD, JCS, the Military Departments, and the DoD Agencies associated with national-level intelligence policy.
- Represents the ODIG-EVAL at meetings, conferences, and forums with senior civilian and military DoD officials, the Defense Intelligence Enterprise, the Government Accountability Office, and other government and private sector organizations.
- Independently, or in conjunction with a team of other trained oversight experts, designs and conducts a wide range of broad and difficult intelligence organizational, functional, and program evaluations.
- Develops evaluation memoranda/working papers that provide a supportable basis for conclusions and recommendations.
- May lead a team of senior evaluators. Oversees the work of the team to ensure appropriate application of evaluation techniques. Ensures security and accountability of classified, special access program, and other sensitive information.
- Prepares reports and other correspondence, including outlining, drafting, and editing, etc. Ensures that reports comply with DIG-EVAL and DoD OIG standards.
- Ensures protection of sensitive intelligence sources and methods, in published reports that enable key officials to make informed decisions.
- Coordinates reports with appropriate management officials responsible for implementing report recommendations.
Occasional travel - Approximately 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566410200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.