This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL) with one vacancy in Ann Arbor, MI.Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee (Biological Sciences), you will perform the following duties:
- Assist senior staff, analytical staff, and other staff as necessary with tasks to include the collection and recording of field samples/observations from the Great Lakes that include the following categories: nutrients, eDNA and ‘omics, zooplankton and larval fishes, phytoplankton, chlorophyll and other algal pigments, and optical properties and other physical variables.
- Operate various types of laboratory equipment and computer software as found in a modern limnological or oceanographic laboratory supporting studies of traditional and molecular ecology and environmental chemistry.
- Compile, summarize, and provide gathered data into reports for higher-grade biologists.
- Execute administrative details of a wide variety of limited biological science projects.
- Provide assistance in planning, monitoring, and conducting segments of higher-grade biological science work.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% domestic travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566404400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.