The employee serves as a Program Specialist in the areas of project and program management. Exercises initiative in defining, organizing and conducting
programmatic duties, which pertain to project management and policy which cut across major organizational elements and significantly impact Federal
agency initiatives, programs, procedures, and operations.
Learn more about this agency
Location of position: located in the General Services Administration, Office of Governmentwide Policy, Office of Regulation Management.
- Serves as a Program Specialist, liaison, and program representative for Office of Regulatory Management. As such, the employee works with internal and external audiences to collaborate on business practices, policies, programs and priorities, and best practices/lessons learned.
- Creates opportunities and develops expert strategies for effective outreach efforts with internal and external audiences to disseminate information regarding government-wide policies, programs, and priorities.
- Leads program staff to complete complex and expert level analysis that involves government-wide policy or program performance within the areas of responsibility. Participates in unique, controversial, and sometimes highly sensitive aspects of the policy or program.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors the progress of significantly important program areas in accomplishing objectives by appraising performance, progress, program status, and trends against approved objectives and program goals and schedules. Takes into consideration the relation to current and future goals and objectives of management and program requirements for accomplishment.
- Manages projects and implements processes to ensure continuing success of programs; facilitates interagency activities and manages studies, establishes benchmarks and facilitates functions to ensure timely accomplishment of milestones and objectives.
- Performs special projects of major significance in support of the accomplishment of GSA, Office of Regulatory Management and/or federal mandates. Develops and provides briefings and reports for senior government officials and other stakeholders on the status of projects, programs and operations.
- Analyzes business and project management processes to determine requirements and assess resourcing options, working with key stakeholders across the Federal government.
- Serves as an adviser and focal point for key programmatic decisions. Participates with GSA, Office of Regulatory Management and other Federal government management officials to formulate decisions regarding evolving business needs.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
14 - If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566137800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.