The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Citizens and Non-Citizens within Fort Hamilton's local commuting area defined as Kings, Queens, New York, Richmond, Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Essex, Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Monmouth, Fairfield counties. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located with the Fort Hamilton Community Club.
- Mows grass, lays sod, weeds flowerbeds, trims and edges walkways and lawns. Prunes shrubs and trees; applies fertilizer, waters plants, cleans out drainage ditches, shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Loads and unloads conveyances; moves materials using wheelbarrows, hand trucks or dollies; stacks and arranges supplies for storage; collects refuse and recyclable materials.
- Digs, fills and tamps soil and gravel in earth excavations; levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake.
- Adjusts, cleans, oils and changes attachments on machines. Washes and replaces room fixtures using ladders and scaffolds. Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions. Maintains stock of cleaning materials and implements used.
- Cleans rugs and drapes. Cleans, waxes and polishes floors using heavy industrial-powered equipment.
- Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565419600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.