About the Position: Performs duties as a Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) program lead and liaison in the collections management program of the Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections (MCX CMAC).Learn more about this agency
This position will be located in St. Louis, MO and will allow for situational telework only. This position is NOT eligible for full time telework.
- Provides advice, direction and technical assistance to all personnel from internal staff members through external leadership.
- Reviews, writes, coordinates, and, assembles inventories, curation needs assessment reports, skeletal assessments, NAGPRA recommendations, cultural affiliation/aboriginal reports and compliance documents.
- Conducts and reviews all phases of NAGPRA project planning and implementation for project teams to include their scheduling, budgeting, field review strategies, inventory of NAGPRA items, review of faunal collections for human remains.
- Provides compliance assistance in regards to NAGPRA and archaeological collections management to other federal and local agencies that include the Department of Defense, Department of Interior and the State Historic Preservation offices.
- Plans, monitors, and oversees the daily operation of the NAGPRA compliance for approximately 2 - 3 teams and project leads for the MCX CMAC.
- Ensures all archaeological collections examined or recovered during projects are correctly processed in accordance with federal regulations and guidelines to identify NAGPRA compliance issues.
- Represents MCX CMAC in meeting with other federal agencies, Indian tribes, and the public.
- Briefs all leadership levels that includes the Army?s Deputy Federal Preservation Officer and DoD?s liaison for the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation on NAGPRA compliance status.
- Advises and develops procedures for the appropriate preparation of human remains for transport, repatriation, and reburial.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 30% annually for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565026500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.