The Kansas City VA Medical Center has one (1) Audiologist (Section Chief) vacancy located in Primary Care.Learn more about this agency
Please Note: This is an INTERNAL ONLY announcement, open to current permanent Facility, VA, and Federal employees. If you are an EXTERNAL applicant, you will need to apply to announcement# CBSS-10788166-20-PC-JLT.
The Audiologist (Section Chief) is located within Primary Care (PC) Service at the Kansas City VA Medical Center (KCVAMC). Incumbent is responsible for the management and direction of the unified audiology sections delivering specialized clinical services to Veterans. Incumbent functions as an independent practitioner for clinical responsibilities and is fully responsible for all clinical, administrative, and managerial decisions under the general oversight of the Chief, PC.Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides orientation and training for medical staff, students and trainees;
- Provides in-service education for partnering services to provide quality interdisciplinary care for patients;
- Develops, organizes, directs, manages, controls and implements policies and procedures in Audiology clinical programs;
- Plans, assesses and evaluates programs to ensure proper coordination between Audiology service and overall healthcare delivery;
- Establishes and monitors productivity standards, production and performance priorities, and program goals and missions;
- Develops and oversees service level budget;
- Keeps current with theory and practice through continuing education programs, journals, textbooks, and other literature and in-service programs.
Functional Statement: Section Chief Audiology
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564865700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.