This is a bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Office of Capital Access and is full time telework. The incumbent serves as a Loan Specialist in one of the Commercial Loan Service Centers or National Guaranty Purchase Center and is responsible for performing servicing, purchase, or liquidation activities.
This position is being filled in response to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.As a Loan Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Conduct a comprehensive guaranty purchase review of the participant lender's 7(a) loan making, closing, servicing and liquidation activities.
- Gather and review relevant facts and data to ensure maximum recovery to the agency and mitigate harm and loss to the agency.
- Oversee and monitor the participant lender's actions with regard to a variety of liquidation activities to include taking possession, inventorying and protecting collateral; obtaining necessary appraisals; determining the method of disposal and determining when abandonment of collateral is in the best interest of the agency.
- Review and recommend actions as appropriate on participant lender's loan compromise recommendations where settlement for less than the amount is due is in the best interest of the agency.
- Review participant lender's assertion that they have exhausted all liquidation efforts and that the loan is ready to be charged off
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564713200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.