A successful candidate in this position will serve as a supervisor and Division Director in the Site Office, reporting to the Deputy Site Office Manager and regularly engages with the Site Office Manager, directly. The position is located in U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Science, Office of the Deputy Director for Field Operations, Fermi Site Office.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist, GS-1102-15, you will:
- Serve as a Division Director at the Site Office. Establish overall priorities and directs Site Office/Division priorities. Plan, assign, and evaluate work subordinates. Provide advice, counsel, or instruction to employees, specifically program managers and leaders.
- Serve as a member of the acquisition workforce and warranted contracting officer for the site. Manage, advise, and oversee work dominated by contractual matters and/or executions of Federal contract.Oversee implementation of business, financial, contractual, and management systems and processes in support of major business/contract related initiatives, as well as projects/programs with resources of multi-million dollars.
- Advise on business/contract related matters across a broad array of complex and detail oriented subject areas, provide sound business management input and analyses. Exercise professional direction to advise of business and financial matters as well as to provide clarity, focus and direct. Oversee implementation of business, financial, and management systems and processes in support of major business/contract related initiatives.
- Establish overall priorities and directs Site Office/Division priorities. Plan, assign, and evaluate work subordinates. Provide advice, counsel, or instruction to employees, specifically program managers and leaders.
- Serve as a member of the management team with assigned Site Office programs and responsibilities. Set policies, priorities, and deadlines with Site Manager/Deputy Site Manager and sponsoring program leadership within DOE and other agencies.
- Maintain effective communication and productive working relationships with program stakeholders, senior management, and other officials.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564667500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.