The Social Worker will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations and may be temporarily appointed (not to exceed 120 days) on an intermittent, part-time, or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the Nation.Learn more about this agency
FS CV19 000000 Hiring for COVID-19 using non-competitive procedures associated with Hybrid Title 38. This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Candidates may be referred to the selecting official based off the number of applicants. Additional candidates may be referred based on hiring needs. This announcement may close early depending on when all positions are filled.
Senior Social Worker, GS-12
Duties include but are not limited to:
- High level of skill and expertise to establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with Veterans and their families.
- Independently complete thorough diagnostic and psychosocial assessments to determine the psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and/or their families.
- Actively participate as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and actively participate through collaboration with Veterans and family as well as interdisciplinary treatment team members in the development and implementation of a resident centered treatment plan.
- Possess a working knowledge and experience in use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities, and treatment procedures, including acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology
- Facilitate discharge planning through collaboration with Veterans and their families as well as interdisciplinary treatment team members to ensure that appropriate discharge plans are executed in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison between Veterans and/or their families and VA and community resources in order to ensure thorough delivery of services.
- Possess knowledge and ability to independently implement treatment modalities, provide individual and group counseling and/or supportive groups for Veterans and families.
- Provide consultation and education to Veterans and their families regarding community resources, VA benefits and specialty programs, and advance directives. This includes the incumbent's knowledge of the process for accessing and/or coordinating community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs, and community programs.
- Available to provide consultation to other treatment team and staff members regarding psychosocial needs of Veterans and/or their families and the impact of the identified psychosocial problems on the Veteran's health care planning, compliance with treatment, and discharge planning.
- Maintain knowledge of Veteran's benefits and services, community resources, and process for making appropriate referrals to community and other governmental programs or agencies.
- Possess skills and knowledge to provide case management services to Veterans and their families throughout the continuum of care. The incumbent will be able to appropriately utilize principles of human growth and development over the life span.
- Possess and demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with people from varied backgrounds.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564642100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.