About the Position: Serve as a Public Affairs Specialist in the District's Public Affairs office.Learn more about this agency
- Directs the preparation of news releases, and feature articles on a wide variety of subjects for dissemination to different audiences and information media covering the activities, policies, programs and operations of the organization.
- Arranges press conferences for the District Engineer at his request or recommends initiating such conferences based on personal cognizance of the needs of the public for information on proposed plans or current projects
- Develops pro-active strategies to lessen or eliminate adverse publicity.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with business firms, civic groups, mass information media, and. other public information offices in the area, and city, county and state officials
- Serves as a member of various public relations committees and attends conferences concerning interests of the District, and serves as the Commander s Congressional liaison.
- Prepares historical information about the organization and data pertaining to current activities and future objectives for presentation in printed form such as booklets, brochures and informational kits for distribution to the general public.
- Develops news release releases, feature stories with accompanying imagery, background statements, fact sheets radio and television spots, scripts and social media about the program and project.
- Develops and produces written, photographic, and multimedia information materials to inform audiences and manage news media.
25% or less - This position requires Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) up to 20% of duty time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564581300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.