Health Aids will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations and may be appointed on an intermittent, part-time or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the Nation. These positions are temporary to support COVID-19 Operations and may be extended based on the needs of the facility.Learn more about this agency
The Health Aid is responsible for delivering a broad array of health care services throughout Medical Center and it's various locations that provide patient care, such as but not limited to the living centers. The Health Aid is responsible for performing selected patient/resident related transports to different areas such as, x-rays, CT Scan, MRI, Prosthetics, Sonography and other related areas.
Duties include, but are not be limited to:
- Providing holistic in-patient care to Veterans in a manner conducive to the comfort and safety of those in the facility hospital units, living centers and/or household.
- Able to provide care for a group of patients/residents of varying ages.
- Providing a range of personal care as needed to include bathing, toileting, hair and nail care, and dressing in personal clothing while maintaining privacy and dignity of inpatient/resident.
- Assisting as needed with eating, drinking, positioning/ turning, ambulating, transferring, and escorting inpatients/residents.
- Maintaining general cleanliness of the inpatient/resident's environment including emptying and cleaning urinals, bed pans, GU bags and suction bottles, and disposing of dirty linen and disposable briefs.
- Utilizing specialized equipment such as ceiling lifters, Maxi lifters, wheelchair movers, steady and electric stretchers according to Safe Patient Handling and Movement Policy.
- Carrying records, reports, laboratory specimens, x-rays, prosthetic equipment and patient prescriptions to designated areas, excluding control substance.
- Performing a range of clinical support duties, which include taking, recording vital signs and reporting deviations to the RN.
- Performing a complete range of treatment procedures.
Work Schedule: Varies based on facility needs
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Aid/CV19 99917-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: Duties require extensive periods of standing and walking. Working with residents requires regular and recurring bending, lifting (not to exceed 35 pounds), reaching, carrying, stooping, stretching and similar activities.
Occasional travel - Health Aids will be assigned to VA facilities within their local commuting area/self identified locations, unless need is expanded to other locations in which case Health Aids will be provided lodging, meals, travel and incidental expenses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564411300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.