The Health Technician (Emergency Department (ED) /Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU) provides support to licensed personnel by operating equipment and assisting medical/nursing staff with or performing diagnostics procedures.Learn more about this agency
This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.
- Performs direct patient support work including bathing, oral care, hair care, related hygiene and toileting care; postmortem care; turning, positioning, lifting, transferring patients
- Monitors patients for adverse reactions and takes corrective action based on established policy and unit protocols
- Applies hot and cold packs, orthopedic splints as needed and directed by medical providers
- Transports specimens to laboratory or specified location
- Performs timely electrocardiograms (ECG/EKG) and routine maintenance and storage of ECG/EKG and/or other monitoring equipment
- Prepares patient for and assists medical/nursing professionals with procedures including, but not limited to, intubation, central line placement, lumbar puncture, chest tube insertion, and thoracentesis
- Arranges and passes medical instruments and materials to medical/nursing professional for a variety of tests and procedures
- Operates safely and efficiently vital signs equipment and connects patients to cardiac monitor appropriately
- Performs skin puncture for blood glucose checks and monitors glucometer controls
- Orders and maintains supplies pertaining to instruments or equipment used in the Emergency Department, as well as keeps frequently used items stocked appropriately in treatment areas
- Empties and records drainage from Foleys, surgical drains, such as Hemovac and Jackson-Pratt drains, Pleurovacs, and suction cannisters
- Performs a variety of specialized treatments which include nasal, nasal pharyngeal and/or tracheostomy suctioning,; inserting urethral catheters and irrigating suprapubic catheters; instituting and maintaining bladder irrigation with three-way urethral catheters
Work Schedule: Based on the needs of the service (Maybe required to work some evening and weekends)
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Technician/PD07618-A
Physical Requirements: Work requires extensive periods of standing. It also requires regular walking, bending, lifting and carrying of items that may exceed 45 pounds. The work requires above agility and dexterity. The employee may be scheduled to work varying hours/tours of duty and may be required to work overtime to complete the daily schedule.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564337400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.