The Supply Technician will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations and may be temporarily appointed (not to exceed 120 days) on an intermittent, part-time, or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the Nation.Learn more about this agency
PD CV19 55056A
Hiring for COVID-19 using 5 CFR 213.3102(i)(3) .This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Candidates may be referred to the selecting official based off the number of applicants. Additional candidates may be referred based on hiring needs. This announcement may close early depending on when all positions are filled.
This position serves as Supply Technician within the VA Health Care System. As a Supply Technician, you will provide wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and material including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instrument sets and equipment. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Pulls stock inventory and material for delivery; replenishes stock inventory; interacts with clinical and administrative customers and maintains records on stock levels;
- Communicates to the Lead or Supervisor any concerns related to supplies, equipment and procedures.
- Provides information to customers regarding medical supplies;
- Monitors expiration dates, rotates stock to limit outdates and removes items from use as required by outdates;
- Monitors and controls critical supplies;
- Performs daily inventory using bar coding equipment on a predetermined schedule that will allow for timely replenishment;
- Resolves differences between records and physical count of stock;
- Distributes items according to established or ad hoc requirements in computerized inventory management systems;
- Delivers supplies in a timely manner and ensures supplies and material delivered are in sterile and operational condition;
- Completes specialty cart preparation;
- Cleans assigned secondary areas in accordance with aseptic principles; and
- Receives supplies and material into the medical center's catchment area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564304300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.