You will serve as a Museum Curator at the US SEABEE MUSEUM of the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC).Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the collection manager for the museum's artifacts, responsible for physical maintenance, preservation, storage, and inventory of the collection.
- You will locate sources of artifacts and recommend acquisition of items via NHHC transfer, donation process or purchase.
- You will enter data into the asset database management system, adhering to overall collection policies.
- You will assist the Curator in the implementation of registrar and curatorial functions.
- You will answer technical and general inquires on historical properties in the collection, and establish the historical validity, identification, and provenance of artifacts.
- You will assist the Curator in initiating, planning, and developing ideas and storylines for exhibits.
- You will perform educational duties for the Naval and civilian community to include delivering lectures, preparing articles, and giving formal tours.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564294100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.