Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).Learn more about this agency
The Physician will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations and may be temporarily appointed (not-to-exceed 120 days) on an intermittent, part-time or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the Nation.
The physician-hospitalist is an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of patient's acute care needs and coordinates subspecialty evaluation and treatment. The provider has responsibilities for the evaluation, care, and disposition of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, determining need for hospitalization or transferring the patient to another facility. Incumbent should be experienced at management of medical conditions requiring hospitalization, and interested in engaging in ongoing process improvement with respect to measures of quality care, patient safety, patient satisfaction, patient and family education, utilization management, and cost control. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide coverage for inpatient wards
- Taking calls on Medicine patients in-house (inpatient, acute) and CLC
- Managing emergencies and writing admission orders and completing required paperwork
- Managing transfers into and out of the facility
- Coordinating hand-off communication after hours
- Participate in, and at times lead, clinical and education administrative committees, task groups, or special projects
- Respond to code blue throughout campus
- ACLS/BLS and out of OR airway certification preferred
Work Schedule: Varies based on facility needs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564264600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.