This is a bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Office of Capital Access in one of the following: Citrus Heights, CA; Fresno, CA; Herndon, VA; Little Rock, AR or Hazard, KY. The Loan Specialist is responsible for servicing, workouts and/or liquidating routine business/commercial loans.
This position is being filled in response to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
As a Loan Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Reviews routine and standard consumer and commercial loan documents and determines SBA's rights in the collateral.
- Prepares written recommendations for charge off actions on consumer and commercial loans where all collateral has been disposed of or where SBA determines that further liquidation of collateral is not economically feasible.
- Analyzes financial statements of obligor(s).and endeavors to determine their prospects for continued payment on consumer and commercial loans in connection with modifications of payments or other loan terms.
- Investigates and determines financial responsibility of obligor(s). who may be liable for the payment of indebtedness for use in connection with recommending collection procedures, or legal action to enforce payment.
- Performs variety of tasks for servicing, purchasing and liquidating loans. Contacts lenders, borrowers, and third parties to gather information and make recommendations to maximize recovery to the Agency and minimize loss to the obligor(s).
- Analyzes potential "work-outs" in common situations and develops recommendations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564249700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.