This is a bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Office of Capital Access in one of the following: Citrus Heights, CA; Fresno, CA; Hazard, KY; Little Rock, AR or Herndon, VA.
This position is being filled in response to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
As a Loan Specialist (Commercial), GS-09, you will perform the following duties:
- Evaluates commercial loan requests which might contain limited information and investigates essential application characteristics to determine if the applicant business is eligible for the 7(a)/504 program (e.g., is the loan properly structured; meets collateral and other requirements; and includes all necessary conditions).
- Assesses managements' experience and past performance to determine the potential for successful operation of the business.
- Prepares reports on the merits of applicants' commercial loan request, addressing eligibility and overall credit quality.
- Investigates essential commercial credit factors to determine the merits of granting the loan with the assurance of repayment.
- Makes recommendations to approve or decline commercial loan requests.
- If approval is recommended, structures loan terms and conditions suitable to protect the interests of the Government and prepares a Loan Authorization.
- Explains Small Business Administration's commercial loan programs and associated credit risk factors to lenders.
- Discusses commercial loan eligibility, loan structure, and credit factors with lenders and lending partners.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564249600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.