This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent serves as a Capability Analyst in the Combat Capability Developer (CCD) Division; Deputy Directorate Cyber and Command, Control, Communications, and Computers Integration (DDC5I), Command, Control, Communications, and Computers/Cyber Directorate (J6).Learn more about this agency
As a PROGRAM ANALYST (CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT) at the GS-0343-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Performs managerial functions to guide and assess tasks to sustain the Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J) and its military Services' Family of Systems (FoS), JADC2 CFT and future joint and multi-national C2 capabilities, i.e., Joint C2 Family of Programs.
- Performs analytical and operational functions to guide and assess the Joint C2 portfolio content to:
- Identify, validate, prioritize and manage over 1000 Joint C2 requirements, and per Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC)-delegation, adjust as necessary.
- Identify and develop doctrine, organization, training, leadership awareness/ education, personnel, facilities and policy (DOT-LPF-P) recommendations for JADC2 capabilities.
- Support capability assessment and fielding decisions of new software versions for fielding at 50+ major worldwide sites, and hundreds of minor sites.
- Serve as the J6 Directorate's representative to the GCCS-J Configuration Management Board, Operational Test Readiness Reviews, and Fielding Decision Reviews.
- Provide early identification, validation, and prioritization of Joint C2 system/capability problem reports.
- Coordinates with external organizations, evaluate the adequacy and policy compliance of testing activities between GCCS-J/ Joint C2 capabilities and external Information Technology (IT) systems to ensure integration and interoperability.
- Provides the Branch Chief and Division Chief technical and programmatic analysis of current, emerging, and planned Joint C2 capabilities to influence C2 Governance and Management forums.
- Serves as project officer to provide staff-level program oversight of DoD JADC2 capability development, system modernization, fielding, assessment, and sustainment.
- Programs influence Combatant Command/Service/Agency programs throughout the United
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564194700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.