This position is located in GAO's Science, Technology Assessment, and Analytics (STAA) Team - Innovation Lab. STAA’s mission is to produce technology assessments, technical performance audits, science oversight audits, engineering sciences analyses, and advanced analytics and cybersecurity research to Congress and GAO overall.Learn more about this agency
- Provide technical leadership on development of prototype use cases for emerging technologies such as digital ledger (blockchain), cloud-based “as-a-service” capabilities (including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), Internet of Things, robotic process automatic (RPA) and other machine learning systems, virtual/augmented realities, and 5G technologies.
- Leads execution of projects throughout the innovation lifecycle from ideation through deployment to develop next generation emerging technology capabilities in support of current and future audits, investigations, business operations, and other oversight challenges relevant to GAO’s mission. As necessary, the incumbent will work with experts outside GAO to determine relevant leading practices as well as lessons learned.
- Identify, develop, test, and evaluate use case prototypes for emerging technologies in areas such as digital ledger (blockchain), cloud-based “as-a-service” capabilities (including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), Internet of Things, RPA and other machine learning systems, virtual/augmented realities, and 5G technologies.
- Demonstrates mastery level understanding of data quality considerations, including complex data processing, data quality assessment, data imputation, and data governance—including metadata as well as engineered features. The incumbent will lead the development of forensically sound, auditable, flexible, repeatable, and scalable extract transform and load (ETL) capabilities on a variety of structure and unstructured data.
- Demonstrates mastery level understanding of cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities. The incumbent will also direct implementations and configurations of tools and other computational resources within established information security boundaries.
- Identifies deficiencies in problem statements, proposed approaches, and/or data access issues which are significant to the design, development, execution, and reporting out of emerging technologies pilots of the Innovation Lab.
- Supports GAO’s Chief Data Scientist (CDS) and Director of the Innovation Lab in developing, defining, and driving GAO’s strategy with regard to the exploration and deployment of emerging technologies for improved or novel business outcomes.
- Supports CDS in operational management of the Innovation Lab, including resource allocation management, budget management, vendor relationship management, stakeholder management, and project management.
- Expands GAO’s prototyping capabilities through a rigorous process of problem definition, ideation, review, revision, and execution to determine the most promising solutions and approaches which, if successful, could profoundly change the business of audit, investigations, and program evaluation for the future GAO.
- Serves as a Designated Performance Manager (DPM) responsible for supervising, evaluating and documenting work performance of assigned staff. Identifies training and developmental needs and makes provisions for training as required by performance expectations. Coaches staff in skills development, oversees individual development activities, and provides opportunities to develop increased capabilities through a variety of projects and assignments. Hears and resolves employee complaints, recommends disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands, and recommends other action in more serious cases. Refers unresolved grievances or more serious complaints to higher-level management.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564192900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.