The Intermediate Care Technician (ICTs) will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations and may be temporarily appointed (not-to-exceed 120 days) on an intermittent, part-time or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the Nation.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is a TEMPORARY appointment (not-to-exceed 120 days). This appointment may be renewed for additional service in accordance with Agency needs for 1 additional year. Temporary positions offer health insurance (if the employee is expected to work at least 130 hours per month for at least 90 days) but do not offer life insurance or retirement benefits and may be terminated at any time before the expiration date. The appointment to a Temporary position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
The Intermediate Care Technician (ITC) performs ongoing patient care duties in the Emergency Department and in the Critical Care Unit of and may assist with or perform other related technical health care procedures under the supervision of the Physicians.
Duties include but may not be limited too:
- Providing physician supervised treatment of patients seen in the Emergency Department· Performing diagnostic tests such as Vital signs and EKG
- Evaluating patients for emergent/non-emergent medical conditions, order appropriate diagnostic studies and perform a wide range of treatment procedures under the direction of the supervising physician
- Conducting Point of Care testing
- Administration of: Nebulized Medications, Topical, IV Fluids, Limited PO Meds, IM Injections, Vaccines.
- Uncomplicated Wound Closure such as simple one-layer lacerations, Scalp lacerations, Skin Stapling, Steristrips, Dermabond·
- Monitoring and transportation of Telemetry patients
Position Description Title/PD#: Intermediate Care Technician/S0031-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work requires a level of physical fitness that allows for standing for extended periods, heavy
lifting to position patients, and manual dexterity to perform clinical procedures. The work will require
recurrent bending, lifting, stooping, standing, squatting, stretching, sitting and walking
Occasional travel - ICTs will be assigned to VA facilities within their local commuting area/self identified locations, unless need is expanded to other locations in which case ICTs will be provided lodging, meals, travel and incidental expenses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564000600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.