About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located at: 99th Regional Support Command (RSC), Equipment Concentration Site (ECS) 24, at Fort Indiantown Gap, PA.
Description of working environment: Work is performed in a maintenance shop setting.
- Demonstrate proper dispatching procedures, preventive maintenance checks and services, and document deficiencies.
- Determine size of truck and trailer required to safely carry the equipment to be moved.
- Operate a variety of motor vehicles and equipment to prevent damage and corrosion of parts.
- Ensure needed plans, material and tools are available, and that needed stock is obtained from supply locations.
- Utilize forklift trucks to load heavy equipment onto trailers.
- Assign tasks to crewmembers based on knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Answer questions from workers about tasks to be performed.
- Pass instructions from supervisor onto subordinates.
- Recognize hazardous conditions while driving to avoid damage or injury.
- Assure safety and housekeeping rules for operating vehicles and equipment are followed.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563967500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.