The work of the incumbent involves planning, developing, conducting and evaluating programs essential to the accomplishment of the Branch's goals and objectives and to ensure the success of the Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) prevention programs.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Public Health Advisor you will:
- Responsible for providing managerial direction and leadership in developing, initiating and implementing approved programs, policies and procedures.
- Determine the relative merits of alternative methods of accomplishing specific program objectives to recommend methods of proceedings.
- Responsible for preparation of annual budget plans and justification for recruitment, training, career development, and management activities for field services activities.
- Develops long- and short-range projections for field services activities and prepares request for resource needs accordingly.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance for field staff supporting State and local health agencies.
- Make recommendations to the Director for Management and Operations on the issuance of guidelines and determination of policies concerning the funding of grant-supported projects.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance for staff of the Leadership and Organizational Change Initiative (LOCI), which has responsibility for coordinating and integrating programs designed to foster communication and interaction between and among division level programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position 10% of Domestic travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563906900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.