The VHA Office of Nursing Service, Travel Nurse Corps, is seeking current Student Nurse Technicians (SNT) to be assigned to identified VA Medical Centers in specified locations for the ongoing efforts supporting the COVID-19 operations.Learn more about this agency
SNTs will be assigned to VA facilities within their local commuting area, unless need is expanded to other locations.
If you applied to vacancy CASA-10757599-20-CMM you are still being considered and do NOT need to apply to this vacancy announcement.
A SNT functions within the same scope of practice as a nursing assistant within the care delivery guided by an assigned RN. The practice of each SNT has a direct and indirect impact on patient outcomes. The SNT is assigned to specific patients and duties to include, but not limited to:
- Vital signs including weights and pulse oximetry with documentation
- Acquisition of 12 Lead ECG's
- Finger stick blood glucose measurements
- Collecting specimens such as expectorated sputum, stool, urine-voided, midstream or from a drainage collection bag
- Simple dressing changes
- Measuring intake and output
- Managing/emptying drainage devices
- Helping the patient to transfer from the bed to a chair and back, toileting, hygiene, ambulation, changes in position, comfort care and other direct care related responsibilities
- Provide 1 :1 observation (sitter) of patients as needed
- Administering oxygen using tank and wall oxygen
- Uses specialized expertise to assess, design, measure and evaluate patient safety and quality processes.
- Work and function in a safe manner including but not limited to infection control and operation of equipment.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - SNTs will be assigned to VA facilities within their local commuting area, unless need is expanded to other locations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563903200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.