This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-055-PDC-10753859. If you previously applied under EXC-20-055-PDC-10753859, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.Learn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
As a Loan Specialist (General) - Virtual at the GS-1165-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Process home and/or business loans and make recommendations on collateral needed to secure loans.
- Apply accepted financial procedures to analyze financial resources to determine an applicant's ability to repay requested loans.
- Review all pertinent facts needed to make eligibility determinations by analyzing such factors as the nature and cause of damage, intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative loan limits, and disposition of insurance and other recoveries.
- Ensure loan files contain all pertinent documentation to include conversations with applicants and written recommendations or justifications for conclusions.
- Process loan applications on web-based computer system.
- Respond orally and/or in writing to applicants or their representatives.
- This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-055-PDC-10753859. If you previously applied under EXC-20-055-PDC-10753859, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.
- Additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee's residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563879000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.