The VA St. Louis Health Care System is recruiting for multiple full time, permanent, Nursing Assistants (NA).Learn more about this agency
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
Functional Statement Title: Certified Nursing Assistant GS-03 thru GS-05
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a wide range of direct patient comfort and personal care duties including, but not limited to: bathing, feeding, toileting, elimination, incontinent care, general patient hygiene, prevention of skin breakdown rehabilitation, safety, and non-routine care and comfort needs for the psychological, social, and spiritual well-being of the patient.
- Transports patients via wheel chair or gurney, and/or accompanies ambulatory patients who need assistance, to various areas within the hospital including clinics, diagnostic areas, and treatment areas.
- Assists in a complete range of treatments, procedures and diagnostic examinations including measuring and recording height and weight, monitoring vital signs, recording fluid intake and output, preparing and positioning patients, applying hot and cold packs, changing sterile dressings, administering EKG's, respiratory therapy, wound irrigations, oral and tracheal aspirations, cleaning tracheotomy tubes, changing tracheal dressings, monitoring IV fluids, administering tube feedings, lumbar puncture, minor surgical procedures, inserting straight or indwelling catheters, clamping and unclamping catheters as directed.
- Obtains and labels specimens to include clean catch urine specimens or sterile specimens.
- Teaches patients and family members the necessity to continue the procedures for safe and proper health care. Utilizes effective communication skills to establish and maintain constructive interpersonal relationships with patients, families and members of the interdisciplinary team. Performs post mortem care with dignity.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563876000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.