This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837. If you previously applied under EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.Learn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
As a Disaster Recovery Specialist at the GS-1101-7 or 9 level, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responding to a variety of customer inquiries, ranging from routine to complex, and providing detailed information to the public regarding federally declared disaster and SBA's disaster loan program.
- Preparing written responses to email inquiries received through SBA's disaster customer service mailbox.
- Assisting lower graded or new employees with responding to customer service inquiries received by telephone or email.
- Assisting borrowers with completion of their loan closing documents and answering questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.
- Accepting borrower payments using online payment processing tools.
- Using a variety of computer systems to research customer inquiries, record call activity and prepare appropriate forms and letters.
- This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837. If you previously applied under EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.
- Additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee's residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563872400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.