This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837. If you previously applied under EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.Learn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
As a Disaster Recovery Specialist at the GS-1101-7 or 9 level, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responding to a variety of customer inquiries, ranging from routine to complex, and providing detailed information to the public regarding federally declared disaster and SBA's disaster loan program.
- Preparing written responses to email inquiries received through SBA's disaster customer service mailbox.
- Assisting lower graded or new employees with responding to customer service inquiries received by telephone or email.
- Assisting borrowers with completion of their loan closing documents and answering questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.
- Accepting borrower payments using online payment processing tools.
- Using a variety of computer systems to research customer inquiries, record call activity and prepare appropriate forms and letters.
- This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837. If you previously applied under EXC-20-054-CSC-10752837, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.
- The salary range above reflects the employee's base salary. Locality Pay will be added based on the location of the employee's duty station, WHICH CAN BE ONE OF OUR CENTERS LOCATED IN ATLANTA, GA; BUFFALO, NY; CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA; FORT WORTH, TX; HERNDON, VA; OR THE EMPLOYEE'S RESIDENCE.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563872400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.