This position is located in the Visits Division, Office of the Chief of Protocol (S/CPR/V) and serves as a Protocol Officer (Gifts) and takes daily direction and guidance from the Assistant Chief of Protocol (Visit) and works side by side with the Protocol Specialist in official gifts.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts research and analyses; prepares a variety of reports; and provides recommendations for official gifts to be given on behalf of the President, Vice President, and the Secretary of State, to foreign chiefs of state and heads of government.
- Works in conjunction with the senior officer in the official record-keeping of gifts given and received.
- Maintains an extensive computer database of all official gifts dating back several years.
- Conducts extensive research necessary to ascertain the appropriate historical, literary, or artistic suitability for specific occasions and for special events.
- Prepares appropriate inscriptions, wrapping, and packaging arrangements for presentation of gifts.
- Ensures that all necessary gift wrap materials are appropriately stocked.
- Conducts official gift exchanges with foreign governments and documents all official gifts given to the President and /or foreign leader.
50% or less - 50% or less travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563810100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.