This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA Joint Services Provider - Cyber Security Center (JP211)
- Serves as Training Support specialist, responsible for customer and training support functions within the Workforce Development e End-User Support Branch.
- Assists customers in understanding and determining resolving cybersecurity training requirements of their team members. , clarifying technical issues and defining automation needs.
- Resolves questions or concerns regarding DODD-8140 Workforce Improvement Program training, Annual Cybersecurity Awareness training, hardware, software, password violations, On-The-Job Training telecommunication, and other new training requirements.
- Researches, evaluates, and provides feedback on problematic trends and patterns related to Workforce Improvement Program customer support requirements.
- Assist member components with developing, conducting and reporting statistics of their On-The-Job training programs, and acquiring training resources to ensure programs are effective.
- Assists in the utilization and operation of IT equipment as either stand-alone equipment or Network connected.
- Create cost effective training methods such as periodic training teleconferences, instructor led training sessions to both large and small groups, and periodic newsletters.
- Adapts, configures, and tests authorized computer software and hardware for effective integration to customer environment. Analyzes and resolves hardware/software system failures.
- Responsible for ensuring that work orders are completed to the customer's satisfaction and to work order standards; provides advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex training issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563798200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.