This position is located on the Snow Survey Staff of the NRCS State Office, under the supervision of the State Snow Survey Supervisory Hydrologist. The incumbent serves as a hydrologist in the Oregon Snow Survey program, assisting in the complete range of snow survey and water forecast activities conducted within the state by the Natural Resources Conservation Service.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the collection, quality control (QC), data entry, and annual archive of hydro?meteorological data within the boundaries of the Oregon, parts of California and Washington jurisdiction.
- Provides technical assistance to the snow survey staff in data collection, data entry, verification, quality control, processing and archival.
- Monitors Snow Telemetry (SNOTEL) site performance and data quality to assist in establishing maintenance work loads and setting priorities.
- Performs snow surveys by helicopter, on snow machine, and on foot.
- Assists in the preparation of the Water Supply Outlook Report (WSOR), Surface Water Supply Index (SWSI) and other products on a monthly basis through the winter and spring.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563770100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.