Multiple office vacancies will be filled in the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in the following regional offices: Africa and Middle East, Afghanistan & Pakistan, Europe & Asia, and Western Hemisphere. INL combats narcotics trafficking/opiod epidemic, wildlife trafficking and fights to eliminate transnational criminal organizations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as chief action officer and is the initial point of contact for all incoming actions regarding assignment from Departmental offices, U.S. embassies/posts and other USG agencies.
- Monitors developing political situations or issues or administrative management as reported or identified in the various notifications received.
- Manages issue areas pertinent to such geographic areas (e.g. law enforcement, trade promotion, intellectual property rights, nuclear non-proliferation, military cooperation.)
- Analyzes political, economic, and other reporting from a wide variety of sources that include U.S. missions, NGO, and foreign electronic and print media within the region of interest.
- At the GS-11 level, the incumbent performs essentially the same duties as outlined above; however, the scope and complexity of assignments are of less responsibility and independence and receives closer supervision than the GS-12 level.
25% or less - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563749700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.