This position is with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Grazing Lands Research Laboratory, Great Plans Agroclimate & Natural Resources Research Unit located in El Reno, Oklahoma.Learn more about this agency
- Ensure the Hub's Partnerships/ Coordination; Research; Information Synthesis/Tool Development; Assessments; Education; Communication and delivery strategy; and adaptation and mitigation and mitigation demonstrations are accomplished.
- Oversee the various projects involving subdivision of activities into separate phases.
- Serve as a key conduit for communicating stakeholder?s needs to the research leadership within agency/USDA and other research institutions.
- Oversee the analyses of the gap between the needs of the stakeholders and the availability of the current tools and information services.
- Collaborate with Federal and state research organizations to identify USDA Climate change research within the region and to integrate results of the research into the Climate Hub deliverables.
- Coordinate and/or participate in Hub climate change outreach efforts with regional USDA Service Centers, Cooperative Extension, State Climatologists and other outreach providers in their region.
- Serve as a regional subject matter expert on topics of climate change adaptation and mitigation of working lands and agricultural systems.
- Represent the agency on issues relating to weather and climate variability and projected climate change with direct and indirect impacts to agriculture and forestry.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563723100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.