About the Position: This is a permanent position with Headquarters, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works located at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) building in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: The actual duty station will be negotiated upon selection. Salary will vary depending on duty station location.
- Serves as the nationally recognized expert in the design of Electrical and Cybersecurity systems for facilities.
- Incumbent responsibilities will include in performing and providing expert reporting engineering activities for military construction and maintenance projects for installations worldwide.
- Develops plans, policies and procedures for accomplishing scientific and technical objectives for globally important programs and will represent the U.S Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in areas of expertise for electrical and cybersecurity.
- Incumbent will be responsible for performing analysis and research in the development critical related to Depart of Defense Electrical and Cybersecurity and energy saving design and construction as used by DoD and contractor engineers world-wide.
- Develops and proposes change criteria design and construction and other necessary data to promote technical excellence in electrical and cybersecurity engineering and/or energy saving technology.
- As the technical expert, incumbent provides technical quality assurance and evaluation of studies, designs, specification and/or other related building system installations.
- Leads the efforts of the Electrical and Cybersecurity Engineering Community of Practice and technical teams for execution of assigned mission in support of USACE and other clients and customers.
- Acts a liaison with high level officials and technical personnel.
- Conducts briefings and presentations at Feral and industry engineering meetings, conference and symposiums.
25% or less - Temporary Duty (TDY) or Business Travel is required approximately 25% of the time to provide, inform and exchange information relating to Electrical Engineering and Cybersecurity systems.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563640400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.