About the Position:This positions is located at Womack Army Medical Center and serves as Health Systems Specialist, with responsibility for independently coordinating, planning and evaluating direct administration, management and coordination of the administrative program for departmental operations.Learn more about this agency
This position also has the option to be filled as Full-Time, Part-Time, or Intermittent (on call) work schedule.
- Functions as liaison with surveying agencies (such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Inspector General, Army Audit Agency, Internal Review, and Judge Advocate) to keep abreast of changing policies and procedures.
- Ensures the operation of an effective system of internal control by periodically reviewing internal control measures and initiating needed revisions and by conducting vulnerability assessments on an annual basis.
- Serves as Program Manager for the Third Party Collection Program, Medical Affirmative Claims and the Medical Services Account (TPCP/MSA/MAC) at Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC), which includes MEDICAID and MEDICARE reimbursement methodology.
- Ensures reimbursement from private insurance companies on charges for medical services provided at MAMC to Uniformed Services beneficiaries who also carry private health insurance.
- Serves as Clinical Resource, assisting physicians and hospital staff in interpreting existing guidelines and developing department/service/clinic level plans, which explain guidelines.
- Serves as a technical expert in developing, implementing, training, evaluating, and improving the Uniform Business Office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563573400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.