THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.Learn more about this agency
As a Loan Assistant at the GS-1165-5/7/9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Review pertinent facts and make eligibility determinations by analyzing factors such as intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative limits, etc.
- Contact banks and other third parties to obtain information necessary to formulate loan recommendations.
- Respond to inquiries from applicants, their representatives and agents, and others concerning the status of applications and reasons for Agency decisions.
- Process loan modifications by performing necessary analysis and preparing full documentation supporting the analysis.
- Assist Case Managers with closing and disbursing approved loans.
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563394500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.