This is professional work supporting enterprise-wide cyber defense technicians to resolve cyber defense incidents.Learn more about this agency
Work involves assisting with implementation of updating defense tools' rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content blacklists, etc.) for specialized cyber defense applications. Incumbent will analyze log files from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system [IDS] logs) to identify possible threats to network security. Work also involves assisting with the triage cyber defense incidents, including determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Provides functional and/or technical skills for the assigned cybersecurity unit.
- Supports the unit's work effort as required in preparing materials for collaborating with other sections, divisions, departments, and vendors to gather and disseminate information.
- Contributes to the unit's work effort as required in preparing analysis and materials for providing expert level support in the assigned area of cybersecurity to SAA IT security branch staff, other SAA technical staff, SAA procurement staff, and other division or departments; and for identifying and resolving critical and complex issues in the assigned unit.
- Supports the unit's work effort as directed in providing leadership to the unit's project teams and contractors. Work includes helping to develop plans, assignments, and coordination of work efforts.
- Supports the unit's work effort to develop governing policies, standards and procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563354400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.