This position is located in GAO's Science, Technology Assessment, and Analytics (STAA) Team - Innovation Lab. The mission of the Innovation Lab is to drive a variety of purposeful experiments across the agency, using advanced analytics and emerging technologies to shape the future on how audits are carried out.Learn more about this agency
- Leads execution of projects throughout the innovation lifecycle from ideation through deployment to develop next generation emerging technology capabilities in support of current and future audits, investigations, business operations, and other oversight challenges relevant to GAO’s mission. As necessary, the incumbent will work with experts outside GAO to determine relevant leading practices as well as lessons learned.
- Identify, develop, test, and evaluate use case prototypes for emerging technologies in areas such as digital ledger (blockchain), cloud-based “as-a-service” capabilities (including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), Internet of Things, RPA and other machine learning systems, virtual/augmented realities, and 5G technologies.
- Demonstrates expert level understanding of cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities. The incumbent will also direct implementations and configurations of tools and other computational resources within established information security boundaries.
- Demonstrates expert level understanding of data quality considerations, including complex data processing, data quality assessment, data imputation, and data governance—including metadata as well as engineered features. The incumbent will lead the development of forensically sound, auditable, flexible, repeatable, and scalable extract transform and load (ETL) capabilities on a variety of structure and unstructured data.
- Facilitates change management across processes, methods, and team cultures to successfully integrate innovative emerging technologies. The incumbent needs to understand of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and other relevant standards to advise GAO teams on best technical approaches to achieve quality results.
- Participates in forums, conference, seminars, and panels as expert speakers to articulate technical methodologies as well as oversight considerations. The incumbent may also be called to author or contribute contents for publication, review GAO products for supportable conclusions regarding sound methodological practices, and provide presentations to both internal GAO customers and external customers such as Congressional staff.
- Identifies deficiencies in problem statements, proposed approaches, and/or data access issues which are significant to the design, development, execution, and reporting out of emerging technologies pilots of the Innovation Lab.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563152100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.