Serves as a Public Affairs Specialist for Goddard Space Flight Center, Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, Accomack, Virginia, in the Office of Communications (1300). Performs work involved in establishing and maintaining mutual communication between NASA and the general public and various other pertinent publics including internal or external, foreign or domestic audiences. Advises on the public affairs programs and/or organizations within NASA.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, initiates, and implements comprehensive public affairs campaigns to enhance the understanding of the agency's programs among the general public and specialized groups and organizations.
- Employs social media tools and platforms in support of agency and center communications goals and objectives.
- Develops and disseminates informational digital/multimedia materials to communicate agency program objectives to the general public or specialized target groups domestic and/or foreign.
- Advises NASA management officials on the possible public and media reactions to proposed policy statements or agency actions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all media, both foreign and domestic, and develops and disseminates informational materials to pertinent publics through the media.
- Serves as contact at a NASA Center for public outreach and/or engagement programs involving multiple organizations across assigned Center as well as external partners and entities.
- Develops and disseminates a wide range of information and data concerning the nature and objectives of NASA programs and missions.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562971600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.