The VA St. Louis Health Care System is recruiting for a Program Specialist - Research Compliance Office located within the Medical Center Director's Office, and reports directly to the Medical Center Director. The Research Compliance Officer evaluates compliance with federal and VA requirements for the conduct of research.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership, expertise, and strategic direction for the facility's research compliance program, and is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining compliance oversight activities in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performs ongoing research monitoring and auditing in the protection of human research subjects, laboratory animal welfare, and research safety and security and other assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with the facility's Information Security Officer (ISO) and other individuals relevant to the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that relevant regulatory and policy updates in assigned areas of responsibility are disseminated to research administrators, research oversight committees, research investigators, other research personnel, and facility leadership in a timely manner.
- Serves as a consultant to (i.e., "non-voting member" of) the Research and Development Committee (RDC) responsible for the facility's research program, as well as a consultant to (i.e., "non-voting member" of) any RDC subcommittees and/or other research oversight committees relevant to the RCO's areas of responsibility.
- Conducts routine and "for cause" reviews and other performance improvement activities to promote compliance, reduce violations of regulations and standards, identify unsatisfactory trends and conditions, and correct factors that may contribute to non-compliance.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Telework: AD-HOC; Teleworks only on an as needed basis. Agreement must be in place.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist - Research Compliance Officer/PD080040
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562786500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.