This is a bargaining unit position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Small Business Administration, Office of Communications and Public Liaison in Washington, D.C. This position is in the Press Office and coordinates and executes marketing, communications and public affairs programs for internal and external communications.
- Serve as an agency spokesperson. Responsible for responding to news media inquiries about SBA by researching and coordinating with program office for proposed response.
- Uses a variety of methods and techniques in achieving communications and marketing goals such as news releases, radio and television scripts, feature articles, personal appearances, news conferences, exhibits, brochures, pamphlets, etc.
- Analyzes and evaluates program office media strategies for the Press Director and other management officials. Maintains a constant surveillance of the interests and attitudes of small business constituencies and the general public toward SBA program and policies. Makes recommendations to the Director and other management officials.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with members of the print, broadcast and digital news media. Determines which media are most effective and the extent of coverage to be sought in promoting specific agency programs and policies. Pitches stories to the media.
- Produces press releases and makes periodic written reports and enters pertinent data into into the Press Office database.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562750800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.