NASA Marshall Space Flight Center has multiple vacancies for Aerospace Propulsion System Engineers to provide engineering design, development, and test support for space flight programs in any of the following Engineering Divisions: Materials and Processes Laboratory; Propulsion Systems; Space Systems; Test Laboratory; Spacecraft and Vehicle Systems within the Engineering Directorate in Huntsville, AL.Learn more about this agency
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT EXTENDED TO MARCH 24, 2020.
- Oversees design, development, integration, test, evaluation, operation, and long-term sustaining of systems and/or payload hardware, mechanisms, ground support equipment, and associated systems and performs technical analyses.
- Develops/integrates flight vehicle systems and elements, to include resolution of issues on all aspects of development and operation, i.e. system performance, configuration, component definition, operational capabilities, reliability, and safety.
- Reviews flight data and/or test data of the spacecraft system hardware, software, and interfaces to detect inefficiencies, propose improvements, and ensure safety while accomplishing mission objectives.
- Participates with customers in requirements development; analyzes requirements and design criteria, develops cost estimates, assures validation of requirements, and evaluates schedules and the feasibility of project accomplishment.
- Develops and assesses advanced control system algorithms and technologies for implementation in launch vehicles, spacecraft, and advanced aerospace systems.
- Builds and maintains technical expertise in spacecraft systems for use in supporting NASA programs and partnerships and effectively communicates this expertise, in writing and orally, with all levels of NASA Management.
- Duties described above are for full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562528700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.