About the Position: This position is part of the Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) Program Office, supported by DHA for personnel and logistics functions. The FEHRM will be an agile, single decision-making authority efficiently managing implementation risk, to include potential functional, technical and programmatic issues, in support of the Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs (DoD/VA) single seamless integrated electronic health record (EHR) objectives.Learn more about this agency
- The Senior Technical Advisor to the FEHRM is responsible for healthcare, technical and business expertise in healthcare information management/information technology (IM/IT) principles and approaches to the EHR. Specifically, incumbent will:
- Provide senior technical representation during program interactions with Office of the Secretary of Defense, VA, Members of Congress, Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition and Sustainment) (USD(A/S)), and other DoD/VA components.
- Provide input to Departments' EHR modernization requirements documentation, working closely with public affairs and communications staff to ensure technical accuracy and to facilitate socialization of activities to all stakeholders.
- Directly interact with congressional stakeholders to communicate how the FEHRM's mission supports the implementation of a single common Federal EHR to enhance patient care and provider effectiveness.
- Provide expert level technical advice to assist in the coordination of efforts of the DoD's PEO and VA's EHRM programs to include EHR modernization (operational and garrison) and medical information exchange amongst DoD/VA and network partners.
- Work collaboratively to ensure data quality and end user performance metrics are measurable. Routinely work with program planning, execution and sustainment, ensuring adherence to EHR-related DoD and VA core policies and operating procedures.
- Perform duties as Senior Technical Advisor to the FEHRM Director, FEHRM Deputy Director, USD(A/S), PEO Defense Healthcare Management Systems (DHMS) and VA EHRM.
- Provide senior healthcare technical and business expertise in healthcare IM/IT principles and approaches to the EHR.
- Directly interact with congressional stakeholders to communicate how the FEHRM mission supports national interest and DoD and VA objectives/missions.
- Develop and nurture relationships with Service senior clinical and business leaders in organizations that will be affected by the FEHRM activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562422300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.