About the Position: Serves as a Civil Engineer (Structural), who performs planning and design work, with responsibility for preliminary and final designs in structural steel reinforced masonry and reinforced concrete for large and highly complex projects.Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-11 Level:
- Develop detailed design studies and performs structural designs work and material estimates for major civil works projects.
- Prepare design memoranda and design criteria documents, contract plans and technical specifications, and inspection reports for civil works projects.
- Perform site investigation of existing projects to assess structural condition, i.e., joint deflection, cracking, indications of stress, or displacement of structure.
- Provide technical support to construction field personnel to assist in resolving problems and completing projects as assigned.
- At the GS-12 Level:
- Function as project engineer or structural team leader over subordinate engineers in preparing preliminary designs or feasibility studies.
- Prepare technical write-up/basis of design for documentation reports, design memoranda, and other design or project reports.
- Coordinate and prepare contract plans and technical specifications for structures.
- Review designs of lower graded structural engineers for accuracy of design assumptions and computations.
- Make field reconnaissance trips for orientation as to various topographical and environmental features, or to investigate structural problems, relating to construction, modification, maintenance, and rehabilitation of structures.
- Make periodic inspections of existing projects and appurtenant structures to check for any structural weakness that may have developed after construction, particularly after natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10-20% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562118300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.