Seeking an innovative leader to serve as Executive Director for the U.S. Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board). This career position in the Senior Executive Service acts under the general direction of the agency’s governing board to manage the agency and provide leadership and direction to the agency staff. As an independent federal agency, the Access Board is committed to accessible design for individuals with disabilities.Learn more about this agency
As an Executive Director, you will:
- Develop annual budget with the agency’s governing board and manage the agency’s financial and procurement operations, information systems and technology, and human capital resources;
- Establish operational policies and procedures for the agency to develop a strategic plan with the agency’s governing board and organize and supervise the career staff to implement the plan;
- Provide leadership and direction to the career staff in the development and maintenance of accessibility guidelines and standards under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Architectural Barriers Act, Sections 502, 508, and 510 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Communications Act of 1996; the provision of training and technical assistance on the accessibility guidelines and standards; the investigation and resolution of complaints alleging violation of accessibility standards in buildings or facilities that were designed, built, or altered with federal dollars or leased by federal agencies under the Architectural Barriers Act; and the promotion of accessibility through outreach, dissemination of information, and research;
- Exercise final authority for initiating formal legal proceedings to enforce the Architectural Barriers Act;
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Congressional committees, the White House, other federal agencies, and groups and organizations interested in the agency’s programs and activities, including individuals with disabilities, businesses, and state and local governments.
Occasional travel - 20% occasional travel required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562006600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.