This position is in Office of Mission Support (OMS), Office of Administration (OA), Security Management Division (SMD), Personnel Security Branch (PSB). If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About OMS: OMS WebpageLearn more about this agency
One or more positions may be filled.
- Independently make determinations of employee and non-federal personnel suitability, fitness, eligibility for a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card as well as for access to hold a sensitive position or hold a security clearance.
- Identify and document derogatory information developed during the course of the investigation, conduct appropriate follow-up, and draft necessary Letter of Inquiry, and Statement of Reasons (SOR) that apply to the appropriate adjudicative standards and guidelines.
- Review requests for security clearances to ensure the justification meets the standards for access to classified information and review completed investigations to ensure compliance with federal standards.
- Interact with external partner agencies, such as Department of Defense and Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), to ensure adjudicative determinations meet appropriate federal criteria and to record adjudicative determinations in agency systems as required.
- Advise stakeholders on personnel security policies and related matters and the impact of personnel security requirements on organizational missions and recommend development of guidelines, procedures, and other materials for use of stakeholders.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
25% or less - You may be required to travel 25% or less of each month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561996400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.