Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).Learn more about this agency
Recruiting for a full time physician Anesthesiologist for the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans' Hospital in Columbia, Missouri within the Surgery Service line. Board eligible or board certification in Anesthesia is preferred
Specific tasks depend on the specialty; however, the following responsibilities are likely to be carried out, regardless of the doctor's specialty, on a daily or weekly basis:
- examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- carrying out specific procedures as appropriately credentialed
- making notes, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other health care professionals;
- working with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same department, or within other specialties;
- liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- promoting health education;
- undertaking managerial responsibilities such as planning the workload and staffing of the department, especially at more senior levels;
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 06:30am to 5:00pm with on call schedule.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561911900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.