What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
GS-12: Salary: $84,118 (Step 01) to $109,358 (Step 10);
GS-13: Salary: 100,027 (Step 01) to 130,039 (Step10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.Learn more about this agency
As a Geologist within the Central Energy Resources Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Collaborating with scientists to build 1-, 2-, or 3-dimensional basin models to assess undiscovered petroleum resources;
- Constructing basin models that focus on understanding the broad issues of basin evolution and petroleum systems processes;
- Researching current advances in constructing, calibrating, and evaluating basin model results;
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams with other scientists; and,
- Preparing, completing, documenting and disseminating model results through presentations and publications.
Occasional travel - May travel 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561841300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.