Interns receive exposure to international project finance and work with seasoned financiers in the loan origination process. The loan life cycle includes underwriting, due diligence and Know Your Customer review, an approval process with papers written for the purpose of obtaining approval from Credit Policy, Investment Committee and the Board of Directors (if applicable), loan agreement negotiations and disbursement. After disbursement, a project is transferred to a monitoring group.Learn more about this agency
As part of the Office of Development Credit (ODC), the mission of the Social Enterprise Finance (SEF) team is to mobilize private capital into innovative, high-impact social enterprises to enable them to expand their operations and help solve critical developmental challenges. The SEF team's client base, market focus and strategy cover a broad range of impact investment sectors (micro and SME finance, healthcare, education, sustainable agriculture, housing, water and sanitation) and address the needs of people living at the base of the economic pyramid. The SEF team provides loans directly to social enterprises focused on these high-impact sectors as well as to financial intermediaries, including funds, investment companies and commercial lenders.Interns serve as junior financial analysts and may be involved in all stages of project development as part of a project team. Interns also work on tasks in any stage of the origination process for three to six transactions, depending on the number of transactions that a project team is involved in. Additional duties include:
- Reviewing applications for financing and financial statements;
- Building or analyzing models of projected project cash flows;
- Researching various policy issues;
- Preparing country economic and political risk analyses;
- Preparing credit reviews of outstanding loans;
- Collaborating with Investment Officers to present the proposed loan to an approval committee;
- Working with members of other departments to receive required policy clearances; and
- Working with a project team to construct term sheets, participate in negotiations on loan agreement terms, or assist in the processing of disbursement requests.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561000900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.