To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package which includes the items listed below. Applications must be postmarked or e-dated by the closing date of this job announcement. Please include the job announcement number on the application.
Army network servers have an overall limit of 10 MB per email. To ensure delivery of your application, we recommend that applicants limit overall email size to no more than 5-8 MB. You may send documents in several emails to reduce overall size.
The USAWC G1 will provide email confirmation of all received applications. If you do not receive delivery confirmation within three business days please contact the USAWC G1 at (717) 245-4596 or via email to email@example.com
Failure to provide these documents may result in disqualification for the position. Please note that this is not a Title 5 (General Scale) position, and the routine procedures for filing through the USAJobs.gov automated system should NOT be followed. Instead, please submit your complete application package and any requests for further information directly to Ms. Kathy Benton at the email address listed below.
1. Cover Letter of application addressing the required KSAs and other qualifications, as listed in the QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED section above.
2. Curriculum vitae or résumé.
3. Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e., birth certificate, passport). (Candidates may provide photocopies during the application process but must provide official documents if selected.)
4. Academic transcripts (undergraduate and graduate level). Unofficial transcripts are required with your application submission. You must provide official college transcripts upon request.
5. Name, title, address, and current contact information of four disinterested professional references (i.e., persons who can affirm the candidate's qualifications but have no stake in the outcome of the selection).
6. Sample of candidate's written work (article, course paper, etc.)
7. Documentation supporting any request for Veteran's Preference (such as a DD Form 214 and/or VA statement of disability). The selection committee will consider veterans preference in its assessment of qualified candidates, but Veteran status is not a requirement for this position.
8. A short narrative of one page or less that describes how you would contribute to an atmosphere of diversity at the U.S. Army War College through teaching, scholarship, and/or service.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Both paper and electronic submissions are acceptable, but the latter is strongly encouraged. The preferred method of submission is by e-mail with .pdf attachments.
Submit your complete application package and any requests for further information to:
U.S. Army War College Office of the G1
46 Ashburn Drive (Anne Ely Hall, Room 233)
Carlisle Barracks, PA 17013
(717) 245-4596 or (717) 961-2256
Carlisle Barracks is located in south-central Pennsylvania, 30 minutes from the state capital of Harrisburg and two hours from Washington D.C. The Carlisle community has a temperate climate, excellent schools, and low cost of living.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, etc.) will be reviewed by a specially appointed selection committee to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Depending on the strength of the applicant pool, this process may take several months after the closing date of the job announcement. Please follow all instructions carefully, as failure to submit a complete application could invalidate your submission. Please be sure to read the HOW TO APPLY and REQUIRED DOCUMENTS sections.